Duchy Values (Code of Conduct)
DUCHY VALUES (CODE OF CONDUCT)
Updated: June 2018
The club values and code of conduct outlined below apply to all club Club Members, Officials, Volunteers and Supporters.
As an organisation, Duchy HC strives to, at all times promote the sport of hockey in a safe and ethical way; and provide a friendly and affordable forum in which to play the sport.
- Considering the wellbeing and safety of all participants as the primary club responsibility.
- Abide by the Duchy Hockey Club Policy on Safeguarding and Protecting Young People in Hockey.
- Developing an appropriate working relationship with all participants, based on mutual trust and respect.
- Encourage other participants to value their performances and not just results.
- Encourage and guide other participants to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.
- Promote the positive aspects of hockey such as fair play and respect.
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance.
- Respect, at all times, umpires and matchday officials.
- Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibited substances.
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
- Follow guidelines laid down by the England Hockey and the Club Policies and Procedures.
- Hold appropriate valid qualifications and insurance cover where required.
- Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward.
Be Proud of your own performances, be Proud of the Club, and most of all; enjoy the hockey.